. . . .or was it really an allergy to eggs and dairy?
A couple of months ago, Frank (not his real name) came into the office because he was very allergic to cats, and wanted to see if Neurological Stress Reduction could help him. He actually owns a cat, and has to take Claritin, Drixoral, Benadryl, as well as Tylenol Sinus to keep his allergy symptoms under control. (A true cat lover, wouldn't you say?)
If Frank does not take his meds, he will experience watery, itchy eyes, red, swollen, and itchy eyelids, itchy ears, sneezing attacks, excessive mucus formation, and sinus congestion.
When asked about anything else he may be allergic to, Frank said he has no food allergies, but he is sensitive to tobacco smoke, dust, certain perfumes, and some plants as cut grass, and doing yard work will bring on some allergic reactions.
Many people have food allergies and/or sensitivities and are completely unaware of them because when they eat these foods, they do not experience the symptoms that they associate with an allergy. Food allergies can create just about any type of reaction. For instance, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Leaky Gut, Psoriasis, Eczema, Asthma, skin rashes, joint pains, Rheumatoid Arthritis, ADD, ADHD, Chronic Fatigue, migraines, and headaches (just to name a few) have all been associated with food allergies. For this reason I will, with little exception, always treat the nervous system response to all the foods first before going to the specific allergy the patient complained of.
An Amazing Discovery
Frank's first treatment with Neurological Stress Reduction was on a Friday. I strengthened his nervous system to egg and dairy. On Monday he came in for a second treatment. When Frank came in he did not understand something. Over the weekend his cat jumped on his lap and he had no reaction. Frank said, "You did not treat me for cat, you treated me for eggs and dairy."
This is a perfect example of what I was previously talking about. Frank obviously had an allergy to eggs and/or dairy which made him very sensitive to cats.
After I completed all of the food groups, I was ready to treat Frank for cat. When Frank came in for his next treatment, I told him we were going to treat him for cat. His response was, "I haven't had a reaction since the first treatment and last night I was cutting the cat's nails." After treating him for cat I treated him for a number of items which he had originally mentioned such as mold, dust, plants, chemicals, and fossil fuels.
On his last visit I asked Frank how he was doing and he said that last week he took his cat to the vet clinic and there was cat and dog hair all over the place. Normally this would have caused a major reaction which would have affected him for days, and he had no reaction!